Swollen itchy vein in the scrotum and anus. Treating with hemclear. Am I having hemorrhoids?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a swollen vein between my anus and my scrotum and it is very itchy. It almost looks like the skin is folding. I also have a skin tag. Are all of these a result from hemmoroids? I have been treating with hemclear for about a month. It has seemed to help, but I still have what I believe are hemmoroids. I have a swollen skin tag next to this vein that is from my anus to the bottom of my scotum.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 11 hours later

Do you pass blood in your stools ?

Is there any itching in the groin region as well ?

It appears that you could possibly be having a fungal infection like Tinea, in the region you described. Fungal infections present sometimes as slightly elevated lesions which are very itchy. The skin tag could be part of the hemorrhoids or a chronic anal fissure if situated at the opening of the anus.

Kindly keep the area clean and dry. Avoid sweat accumulation, Change your underwear daily. Do not scrub dry the area, but only XXXXXXX dry with soft dry cloth.

It is advisable to get it looked at by a Dermatologist who will examine you and if diagnosed as a fungal infection, you will be prescribed anti-fungal cream and possibly oral medication as well.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily. All these will help prevent constipation which will definitely help your hemmorhoids problem.

You will need to lose weight with a strict diet and exercise regime as well. This will also reduce the spider nevi and chance of developing varicose veins on the leg will be less.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.