Swollen head after injury, nausea. Used traumeel and organic olive oil. Is twitching normal after bump? Emergency?

I bumped my head really hard on the door frame of the car when I was getting in it about 2 days ago... and then 5 minutes later actually bumped the left side getting out.. not as hard as the right side but not soft either... because of lack of sleep.. ive never done this before... today my head felt really swollen.. headaches arent too bad just sharp pain where i bumped it every now and then.. I iced both sides today and have been putting traumeel and organic olive oil on it (both natural ant inflammatories)... no vomiting but a little nausea earlier... gone now... dizziness and light headed (i feel this a lot even before i bumped my head).. and now as im trying to go to sleep i have twitching... (i actually had a little twicthing before a couple days earlier after banging my pinky) but tonight its really bad.. can't fall asleep... plus my breathing kind of skipped or jumped a couple times after the twitch... i'll make an appointment to see the doctor on monday but until then should I go to the E.R instead?... is twitching normal after a bump to the head like that? I've been checking my eyes for dilations and brain swelling like i read online and they look like theyre dilating okay
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
Head and neck injuries can be external or XXXXXXX Having nausea and twitching are not normally seen in a minor head injury. These symptoms are concerning.
In such a case, it is always better to get a physical examination and a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any subdural hemorrhage. Symptoms of subdural hemorrhage have a slower onset than those of epidural hemorrhages because the lower pressure veins bleed more slowly than arteries. Thus, signs and symptoms may show up within 24 hours but can be delayed as much as 2 weeks.
I advise you to see your neurologist for proper evaluation on monday and in the meantime if you have any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc you need to rush to ER immediately.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.