Swollen glands, tired, dizzy, stomach pain, distended stomach, loose stools. What does my increased CRP level mean?

Question
Hi my CRP level is 29 and has gone up to 65
at times. What does that mean and also what
Is the normal level?
I have been unwell for a while, have swollen
glands, am extremely tired and dizzy. Have had
A lot of pain in tummy which is also distended
and loose stools. Pain in my arms.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 40 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
C-reactive protein (CRP) is a protein found in blood. It is synthesized by liver. Normally it remains below 10mg/L. Its level rises in response to inflammation like arthritis. Thus your CRP level is not normal. It is high. Whenever inflammation increases, it further goes up.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Swollen glands, tired, dizzy, stomach pain, distended stomach, loose stools. What does my increased CRP level mean? 15 minutes later
So what would normaly be done if someone level of CRP is 29?
Would you do more investigation? My GP just says that
It's normal for me. I don't understand that?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later
Welcome again,
CRP is marker of inflammation only, and it is not disease specific. Frequent measurement of CRP is useful in determining disease progression and effectiveness of treatment. So far you are suffering with diseases like fibromyalgia, arthritis etc., it may not come to normal. Only treatment of diseases is required to bring/keep it down.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Swollen glands, tired, dizzy, stomach pain, distended stomach, loose stools. What does my increased CRP level mean? 12 minutes later
Thank you Doctor, I understand a bit better now.

Wish good health for you,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma