Swollen glands in neck, tingling head, lump in throat and feeling dizzy. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Recently I've noticed my throat is very hard to the touch, like my glands are swollen. Today it's at a point where tilting my head down actually causes the feeling of a lump in my throat. It makes me dizzy and I can tell my blood pressure is elevated
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The swollen glands in the neck are likely to be due to an infection in the area and if these are large may cause a dizziness.
Lymph nodes are part of the of the immune system helps in fighting against infections. They are like police man of our body, it pops out whenever there is ongoing infection in the vicinity and become inflamed or enlarged. The conditions may range from trivial infections such as a throat infection, to life-threatening such as cancers.

With respect to your condition the swelling could be either because of a throat infection or an infection in the oral cavity.

You need to take pain relievers such as dicolfenac/ibuprofen and an antibiotic after the consultation of your doctor. Avoid using pillows and drink plenty of water to keep you well hydrated.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.