Swollen gland on the neck, pain in swallowing, itchy rashes. Are these related?

i have a gland on the right side of my neck that swells and is very painful when swallowing, the throat does not hurt nor do my ears. I have been extremly exhausted. I work 7 -3 30. arrive home at 4 and fall aasleep by 4 30 and wake at 6 or 7. i go to bed for the night around 9 or 10 and wake at 5 45. I have also been getting these sparatic rashes that itch like crazy and burn like fire. sometimes around my hairline at the back of my neck, stomach forearms and calves. The gland has been off and on for a few months, the rashes off and on for almost a year and exhausted for the last 2 months. are these things corrilated to each other? if not why does my glad hurt so badly.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

A painful swollen gland in the neck which subsides intermittently is most likely due to an infection in the head and neck region. The association with rashes might be indicative of a generalised viral infection.

Proper blood investigations are needed along with FNAC of the lymph node for diagnosis and treatment.
Meanwhile for relief, you can do a hot fomentation and take an over the counter pain killer like acetaminophen.

You need a thorough evaluation by a Physician as there are various causes for this symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.