Swollen fingers while getting up in the morning. Reason?

I wake in the morning with swollen fingers. Takes a couple of minutes moving my fingers and the swelling reduces. I do have a torn ligament on my right shoulder which i attributed to the swelling but now it is happening on my other hand as well
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....It requires investigations
Detailed answer...
Thanks or the query.
The most important and common causes for swelling in fingers on getting up in the morning are..
Onset of rheumatoid arthritis
Uncontrolled high blood pressure
Some kidney ailment resulting in water retention
You must consult your doctor and get required investigations like RA factor,anti cccp antibodies,kidney function tests etc to arrive at the diagnosis.
Proper treatment can be instituted only after arriving at the diagnosis.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck