Swollen feet,itching,assuming ant bite.Cure ?

my daughter feet is swollen twice the normal size and she complain of itching ,i ask her question she said she got bite by an ants today,what should i do to reduce the swollen because its not only by the ant bite its the whole foot
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Swelling of the feet is called pedal edema and is caused by accumulation of an excessive amount of watery fluid in cells or intercellular tissues.If you feel that the swelling is not because of the insect bite then it can be due to cellulitis - infection caused by the insect bite or kidney disease. Other rare causes seen at 9 years of age are congestive heart failure, arthritis, high salt intake, etc.

In your daughter's case, since there is itching present, infection after an allergic reaction is likely and I suggest you an immediate physician consultation. Proper antibiotics and anti allergics are needed for the treatment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.