Swollen eye after hair transplantation. Taking Tylenol. Need further medication?

Hi - I had a hair transplant on Wednesday. I just woke up, and my right eye is swollen, almost to th point of being shut. I am on no medications except Tylenol, which I have been taking regularly for minor pain/discomfort. What can I do to make my eye situation better?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Swelling of eyes is almost seen in every patient on the next day following hair transplant. It usually accompanies the procedure. I usually counsel all my patients who are about to undergo hair transplant and explain about this phenomenon.

There is no need to worry or take any medication. It takes around 4-5 days for the swelling to subside after the procedure.

Just be patient and it will settle down on its own.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied with the same.

Dr.Rohit Batra