Swollen earlobes, bleeding with a crusty discharge. Treated with triple antibiotic cream. Looking for cure

daughter's ear lobes are swollen and bleeding with a crusty discharge. ears pierced in march. have cared for and cleaned ear lobes and only had XXXXXXX silver or gold stems. have treated with triple antibiotic cream, hydrogen peroxide
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Two possibilities are there- it an infection or it is allergic reaction to metal.
infection can be deeper in the pierce and can come again and again.
The ornament might have nickel as additional metal which so frequently causes dermatitis.
I would advise her to take oral antibiotics- Augmentin OTC dose of which your clinician will know, for 5days.
Wash with common soap and make it dry with towel and keep it dry.
Avoid any metallic thing rather put plastic/silicon rings till wound fully heals.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!