Swollen corner of eyes, forehead sunburn, swollen, seeping blister. Taken Benadryl. Serious?

swollen eyes...mostly in corners of eyesi am from XXXXXXX and am vacationing in florida on the gulf. i went to the beach on a little burned on my forehead. my forehead was swollen. i woke up on tuesday and i guess i had a snall blister on my forehead that has popped because it was seeping. now yesterday which was wednesday one of my eyes was swollen....more in the corner of the eye. now this morning...both eyes r swollen and mostly in the corner. just took two benadryl. just concerned it might b more serious. not feeling bad pain. away from home and really dont want to spend a ton at a first med.
the swollen part appears to b fluid. left eye isnt as swollen in below eye that appears to have fluid in it
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 hours later

I am sorry you are suffering this on a vacation.

It seems like an acute Blepharitis where the eye lids get swollen and are itchy and painful at times. It happens where there is contact with an external allergen. Some contact allergen on the beach may have triggered this.

It is usually a self-limiting condition and is easily treatable. Please follow these measures and you shall be fine soon.

1. Good eyelid care will be usually sufficient. You should refrain from using eye make up for some time now. If you use a contact lens, please do not wear it until the inflammation in the lids subsides.

2. Apply warm compresses alternatively and separately on both eye lids for 4 to 5 times in a day.

3. Do not scratch or rub the area.

4. You can use a clean cotton swab dipped in lukewarm salt water and cleanse the margins of the eyelids twice daily to remove the accumulated particles.

5. You may consider using an eye antibiotic ointment like Ciplox D twice daily for the next 3 days.

I do not think the condition is serious, it should resolve in next 2 to 3 days.

Hope this helps you. Do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.