Swollen, bruised lungs, difficulty breathing, stress, anxiety, lightheaded, no medication, taken immunization shots

My lungs are hard to expand and it feels swollen and bruised for these past couple of days. It feels like I have to inhale a chunk of air constantly in order to feel normal. Also I've been having tons of stress lately, beginning to have no motivation at all, anxiety kicks in randomly, I have to think hard and relax and control my breathing telling myself everything is ok ( I have no idea where this anxiety is coming from ) I feel light headed, my heart feels weak and it throbs like it's trying to work hard to stay alive. I just want to cry or something.... oh yeah it's hard to breathe.

I'm not taking any type of medications what-so-ever, I'm up to date with my immunization shots including my booster for tetanus shot.

I'm feeling extremely anti-social, and I don't want to do anything at all what-so-ever.

Please help me,

Thank you. I feel groggy and i'm a bit worried I might have a heart attack soon.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 20 minutes later

First of all let me reassure you that there does not seem to be anything serious and you are perfectly fine.

Your symptoms seem to be related to Generalised Anxiety disorder causing a feeling of irregular heart beat and shortness of breath.

I feel you have an acute anxiety state and I encourage you to do a few things:

1) Focus on getting a healthy night of sleep each night.

2) Eat a well balanced diet.

3) Exercise daily - extremely important in anxiety management.

4) Consider doing meditation exercises.

5) Surround yourself with supportive friends and family.

6)Avoid smoking,alcohol,caffeine as they increase anxiety.

7)Avoid stress regarding anything what so ever and enjoy the things which you are fond of as watching tv,movies,swimming etc.

8)Talk to your family,friends and relieve your stress.

All of these things together will serve you well and I am confident you will feel progressively better.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up in case of doubt.