Swollen axillary nodes, neck stiffness, ear ringing, breathless. BP, heartbeat, blood test normal. Causes for swelling?

Question
had a scan yesterday which confirmed 2 slightly swollen axillary nodes. I feel breathless and my blood pressure and heartbeat are normal. No cough or mucus. Normal blood test. What can be the cause?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Follow-up: Swollen axillary nodes, neck stiffness, ear ringing, breathless. BP, heartbeat, blood test normal. Causes for swelling? 8 minutes later
my neck, under my left ear, has been stiff for a while and my left ear rings most the time. My swollen axillary nodes are also in the left side. Are there any link between swollen cervical nodes and ear ringing? Is it possible to have lymphoma but have a normal blood test?what can cause my breathless?
Follow-up: Swollen axillary nodes, neck stiffness, ear ringing, breathless. BP, heartbeat, blood test normal. Causes for swelling? 9 minutes later
when I climb a few steps I become very breathless. I'm an average person. Is it possible to have an enlarged mass in my lung without having any cough or mucus?I feel tired all the time and fall sleep in buses. This morning I got up breathing heavily.my bp was 128 over 84 and my heartbeat was 88. It remained the same throughout the day.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Swollen axillary nodes with breathlessness need to be thoroughly investigated for any lung disorders. All the lung disorders are not associated with cough or mucus.
Swollen axillary nodes cannot cause ringing of the ear whereas an infection in the middle ear can cause ringing and swollen cervical nodes. An examination by an ENT specialist will help in confirming the diagnosis and further treatment.
Enlarged lymph nodes if they are persistent should be investigated. FNAC of the lymph node is the best way to diagnose the cause.
Do consult your physician for proper examination and necessary investigations.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.