Swollen arm, tingling. History of slipped disc and back surgery. What could be wrong?

My right arm is swelled a little and tingling. Been like that all day. What could be wrong? I'm 26. 5ft5in only medical I've had was a slipped disc. Had back surgery in 09 for that. My dad has had several heart attacks and my mom has had open heart surgery for clogged otteries.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The swelling and tingling of the arm is most likely is suggestive of a neural (nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause.

These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful neurological examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement.

You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like Acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.