Switched from ritalin to vyvanse for adult ADD. Noticed numbness on lips. Side effects of medicine?

I have recently switched from Ritalin to Vyvanse for my adult ADD. This morning my lips turned numb on the left side. Could that be a side effect or is it something I should worry about?P
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 41 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptom of numbness of one side of the lips is not a common side effect of Vyvanse. Rarely though, Vyvanse can produce neurological side effects such as sensory abnormalities and some people have reported numbness / tingling in some areas of the body.

Now, in your case, this doesn't appear to be anything serious (and you don't have any other coexisting medical conditions), so I would advise you to wait for a few days and observe if it subsides on its own. In case, the symptom persists or worsens or if you develop any other neurological problem like muscle weakness or psychological disturbances, then you should seek immediate medical attention.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist