Switch from cymbalta to viibryd. Getting headache while coughing or sneezing. What to do?

Dec 2012

I was taking cymbalata. I switched to viibrly to minimize ED issues. It didn't help. But I get head pain often when I cough or sneeze. It's as if I had a bad hangover when you hate to cough. Should I go back to cymbalata. Didn't have these issue w/cymbalta

I had stage 4 metastatic melanoma
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 34 minutes later

Just to know if after switching to the 2nd medication your ED issues have been resolved? If the two drugs have the same benefit in terms of treating the MDD that you had, but then they generate varied side effects like the ED and headache due to cymbalata and viibryd respectively, i suggest you judge for yourselve which medication causes you less trouble and decide which one to take.
My suggestion is to switch back to cymbalata and probably ask your doctor if you could be placed on viagra when wanting to have sex.

Hope this was helpful and let me know if you got any other questions
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Switch from cymbalta to viibryd. Getting headache while coughing or sneezing. What to do? 17 hours later
Thank you. Supposedly the viibly was supposed to have a much lesser impact re: Ed but it seemed same as when on cymbalata. I will contact my MD and discuss with him. I was just wondering if the headaches were a side effect of the viibryd?

Thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 17 minutes later
Thanks for updating,
Your headaches seem to be related more to a flu syndrome (sneezing, cough etc). Viibryd can cause serious side effects such as extreme thirst with headache, nausea, vomiting, weakness, trouble concentrating etc. So headache is possible side effect.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got more questions

Dr Nsah