Ask a Urologist   »  

Swelling, redness in penis, change in size. Was doing exercise for enlargement. Do I need medical assistance?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I was doing a exercise to enlarge my penis . that was holding it at the bottom with my two fingers in a circle and slowly go to the tip of my penis with pressure but now it feels like I have a vain popped out but it seems harder then it should be...it is swollen a lil red but it does not hurt but the vain seems to feel hard and its been about a week at the start it felt small but yesterday and today seemed to get bigger....does this desolve on its own or do I need medical assistance...??
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 4 hours later
Hello
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Due to massage and pressure on penis injury to capillaries (small blood vessels) occurred which resulted in small collection of blood. It resulted in swelling and redness. It usually fades in a week but as you have mentioned that it has increased a little, this happened probably because continuous self checking of the lesion again and again. If there is no pain and fever then there is nothing to worry. Don't take undue stress, just take any NSAID drug like Ibuprofen to relieve inflammation and apply ice twice a day at affected area to relieve swelling. It will subside in a week.

Hope that clears your doubt. If you have more questions you can ask again in follow up. If you are satisfied with conversation then please review.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD

Follow-up: Swelling, redness in penis, change in size. Was doing exercise for enlargement. Do I need medical assistance? 18 hours later
What if a small fever does accure once and a wile. It feels like a fever but it goes away with a hour or two..?
Follow-up: Swelling, redness in penis, change in size. Was doing exercise for enlargement. Do I need medical assistance? 2 minutes later
Still no pain in that area but a feeling of swelling...

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 6 hours later
Hello again

If fever occurs then you can take Paracetamol tablets only to control temperature. It good there is no pain, the little swelling will go in some time. Apply cold compresses for edema and swelling.

Thanks