Swelling, pain in fingers, joints. Had hip bone pain. Diagnosed as non-specific arthritis. Suggest remedy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have been experiencing swelling in fingers(hand) and possibly in other joints like knee,elbow ; It is very random and sometimes frequent but not at regular intervals. Swelling is accompanied with pain. I had been facing this for quite some time, but lately it worsened-1) recently when my finger swelled it was paining a lot and I could not rest my ahnd even (earlier swelled finger used to pain only upon usage)
2) Sometime back I had a hip bone pain which was very severe so much that I had trouble in standing and walking

Additional details: I had consulted an ortopaedist earlier but the tests did not result in anything. He told they call it non-specific artheritis.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query

Joints pain in young can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc.
To pinpoint the diagnosis, complete physical examination and investigation like complete blood counts, ESR, RA factor, CRP, serum uric acid, serum creatinine, xray of joints are needed.
You need to consult a rheumatologist for proper treatment.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Wishing you good health

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon

Follow-up: Swelling, pain in fingers, joints. Had hip bone pain. Diagnosed as non-specific arthritis. Suggest remedy 3 hours later
Hi, Can you suggest me a rheumatologist in Bangalore?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later

I suggest you XXXXXXX Dr Srikantiah Chandrashekara , one of the leading rheumatologist of the country.

His contact details are as follows:

CHANRE Rheumatology & Immunology Center & Research, #149, 15th Main NHCL, Water Tank road, 4th Block, 3rd Stage, , Basaveswaranagar , Bangalore , Karnataka -560 079 , India

Hope this will help you.

Follow-up: Swelling, pain in fingers, joints. Had hip bone pain. Diagnosed as non-specific arthritis. Suggest remedy 12 hours later
Hello, I think that would be far for me.. somewhere near Indiranagar if you could suggest it would help. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 11 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

If that is too far, I suggest you to XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Rhematologist.

His contact details are as follows:

502,9th cross,6th main,micro layout, BTM 2nd Stage, Bangalore- 0000

Hope this will help you.