Swelling on face, throat, hands and feet. Chills and palpitations. Allergy?

May 2013
I think I am having an allergic reaction. My hands and feet have been swellling on it off for a couple days. Now my face and throat are swelling. I am studying in china for 1 month and have been here two weeks. I have chills and my heart races, but I can't tell if thats because I'm scared
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query,

as allergic reactions will appear instantly your findings may not be because of that.

the other possible causes are,

-anemia: anemia can present with generalized edema and increased heart beat,

-hypoprotenemia: can also lead to generalized edema,

-renal causes: disturbance in the function of kidney can lead to progressive edema from eyelids to peripheries then central,

-cardiac causes: can also lead to generalized edema,

so you don't neglect this, discuss the problem with your elders and take their help,
visit local physician as early as possible to find out the cause and take treatment.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.