Swelling on eye and bppv appeared after head injury. Taken advil and valium. What to do?

Neurologist, Surgical
a cooler fell off a shelf and hit me in the forehead. swelling above the rigiht eye and starting to turn black and blue 4 months earlier had severe blunt head injury , developed bppv. after 6 weeks of therapy and daily exercises the vertigo has ceased. I have taken 3 advil and 2.5 mg of valium for my jaw spasms(tmj was severe after blunt injury) and i did take some meclizine. Should I be concerned
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
As far as the previous injury is concerned, nothing needs to be done . BPPV will decrease with time.
As for the recent injury and black eye, they will take some time to resolve. If you have any headache, vomiting, or blurring of vision, you will require a CT scan of the head.
If none of the symptoms occur, there is nothing you need to worry about. Everything will be all right. Regards
Follow-up: Swelling on eye and bppv appeared after head injury. Taken advil and valium. What to do? 57 minutes later
I am having feelings like spasm in the forehead area and behind my head. Also my neck is hurting. I have since developed these sensations. I did not have these sensations when i had blunt injury 4 months ago.
Would the cause be more tension/stress related since I was getting better from my last concussion. I don't necessary have headache like pain but rather feeling like spasms?

Although I have taken some valium for my normal spasms due to facial tmj symptoms aggravated by my blunt injury 4 months ago.
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 23 hours later
Dear Friend,

Thanks for following up.

You may have developed a muscular sprain in the cervical musculature due to the impact. This is a sinister and should heal off very soon. You can try analgesics and muscle relaxants. Discuss with your nearby pharmacist for the aforementioned medications.

I do not find any of your symptoms concerning. So do not worry. As explained in my previous reply get a CT scan of the head if you develop headache, vomiting or blurred vision.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Dr. Vineet