Swelling of one lip of vagina after unprotected sex. What can I do?

Question
Hello, about a week ago me and my boyfriend had sex and he was hung over n he took medicine n according to him he got a yeast infection that way but that day we had sex and when he whip his dick he did it with a shirt that could of been dirty. So I don't know if he got the yeast infection cause he was hung over and took medication or the shirt. Now the problem is that the next day after sex I got a lil swollen from my virgina lips do I bought this treatment that is for 7 days called miconazole and yesterday I for got to take it and today it was swollen only one lip. What can I do? I want to add that maybe with out noticing I might have scratch it I'm not sure but I need answers quick
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question.

Swelling of one lip of your vagina is very unlikely to be due to a fungal infection. Nor, for that matter, is it likely to be due to any STD. I really think that you can relax about this aspect of things.

Swelling of one lip of a vagina may be due to a Bartholin cyst or infected hair follicle. If it persists you may need to see a doctor but I would not panic about it. I do not think that all that stuff about your boyfriend being hungover and taking medicine is of any relevance.

I hope you found this helpful and will accept this answer. Good health!