Swelling of eye after injury, CT scan okay, lump on cheek bone. How to get rid of lump?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
One week ago I fell and hit my eye and right eye swelled shut andI had a ct scan of my face and
head. all there remains a rather hard lump on my right cheek bone...will warm compresses and
gentle massage of the area help to get rid of the bruising has subsided down my face
and my eye is back to
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
From your history it seems that after the fall, you developed a hematoma in the area. The collection of blood has now given rise to a hard lump.
Since the bruising has subsided and your face and eye are back to normal, there is nothing to feel worried about. The swelling that you have will subside after doing a hot fomentation regularly in next 2-3 weeks. Please do not worry. You need not do any massage in the area. That might lead to an infection in the area.
To hasten your recovery, you can take trypsin and chymotrypsin supplements after consulting your physician. This will help in dissolving the extra fibrous tissue that has formed giving rise to the hardness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.