Swelling near trapezius extending to shoulder blades causing arm soreness. Remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello i have a question. I have swelling near my upper
trapezius between neck and shoulder and swelling
goes into shoulder blades and causes my shoulder to
be sore and sometimes feel it in my arms
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 days later
The swelling on the upper part of trapezius could be a benign muscle related mass like myoma, swollen lymph node, abscess, lipoma, fibroma, etc.
Since the swelling is associated with mild soreness sometimes, it needs to be examined directly for proper diagnosis. You may need to have investigations like FNAC, MRI scan to know the type and extent of swelling. The specific treatment can then be planned according to the investigation results.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.