Swelling in the leg, gas problem. Need cure

Hi All,
I need some clarification regarding my husband's health
my husband's age is 31. he was suffered by legs swelling in last 2-3 weeks and also the gas problem. please suggest a doctor for these both.
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 47 minutes later

Swelling of limbs are commonly associated with
1. Anemia,
2. Protein deficiency,
3. Prolonged standing
4. Liver disease
5. Heart illness
6. Infection
7. Renal disorder

A detailed examination and investigation to rule the aforementioned causes is needed in any patient with limb swelling.

After having read through your history, I suggest the initial set of investigations:
1. Hemoglobin.
2. Liver function test.
3. Kidney function test
4. Blood sugar

Your physician can guide you through the test and suggest further management based on the reports.

Gas problems / indigestion are unlikely to be related to limb swelling. Diet modifications and proper lifestyle will be helpful to improve digestion.

Hope this answer your query. If you have further query, I will be glad to assist you.