Swelling in the collar bone. Pain radiating to neck

Spine Surgeon
My collar bone at the sternum is swollen and tender and recently is radiating up my neck on same side. On the other side of my neck prior to this is a spot below the ear that burns when touched.
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later
thank you for your query
The swelling in your collar bone is most likely due to swelling of the sternoclavicular joint due to inflammation. It could also be due to lowgrade infection or bone tumour from the bone.So please do blood tests and xrays.
Burning sensation below the ear is not related to this and could be due to the irritation of the nerve over there.
thank you
Dr K K