Swelling in neck. Done with TSH test. USG of neck showing goitre with small benign nodule in right lobe. What to do?

i had swelling in neck, right side , as of 5th october T3 1.33 T4 7.65 and TSH 6.51 freeT3 5.14 freeT4 10.63 and anti thyroid peroxidase antibodies 6.7. USG of neck impression was goitre with small benign nodule(3*3 mm) in right lobe. doctor prescibed Elothorxin , took it for 3 days on 3rd day afternoon i suddenly feeling very hot and about to faint. i stopped taking medicine but from next day experiencing pain in joints, it comes on and goes off.
My mother also started using thyroid medicine from past 4 months.
What should i do. please suggest

Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to treat.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX , Hi! as per your reports you are subclinical hypothyroid and also have goitre. You will require replacement with thyroxine , but may be the dose you started with was more for you. You please let me know your body weight and then we can decide upon the dose. As far as the cystic nodule is concerned , you can leave it till it does not trouble you. Regards!
Follow-up: Swelling in neck. Done with TSH test. USG of neck showing goitre with small benign nodule in right lobe. What to do? 9 hours later

my Wt : 67Kgs
Ht : 5ft 4inch
Weight has increased from 63 to 67-68kgs in last 6 months.Fat deposition has increased lot in abdominal area.
Hair loss
Heart rate increases a lot even with small workout.

General physician prescribed Elotrxin 25mcg. joint pain and constipation after i stopped taking this medicine(took for 3 days).
I consulted a endocrinologist, he prescribed 50mcg thyronom, half tab for first 10 days and then a full dose but i haven't started this yet. Confused about the correct dosage.

also any specific suggestion on diet and exercise ?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thyroxine 50mcg would be sufficient for you.

Detailed Answer:

As per your weight 50 mcg of thyroxine would be fine for you. You can review your thyroid profile after 6 weeks.

Diet best for you would be low carbohydrate, low fat and high protein diet. Avoid sweets, fries food, and white flour products, avoid soft drinks, aerated drinks even juices. increase your fruit and salad intake. Exercise minimum 45 minutes a day for 7 days a week. Cardio exercises at least 3 days/week.