Swelling in lower abdomin, total hysterectomy, above scar. This is?

When I stand up I have a hard baseball size knot in my lower right abdomon. I had a total hystorectomy in November. The knot is above my scar & there is a bubble roll below the scar. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your Query and Using Health Care Magic

You mention that you have a baseball sized swelling in your lower right abdomen. Its just above the scar which is due to Total Hysterectomy done in November.

The most likely cause of your symptom is an Incisional Hernia. This arises due to partial defect between the muscle fibers or the scar tissue.

Other Causes are Skin and Subcutaneous Swellings such as Dermatofibroma, Lipoma. However, these will be present in all positions and will not be apparent only on standing.

You will need to consult your primary doctor.
A clinical examination will confirm the diagnosis.
You might be asked to undergo Ultrasound Examination of the swelling to be definitive.

Hope this answers your query

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran