Swelling in fingers. No stiffness. After 15 to 20 min normal. Should I be concerned?

For the past two days in the morning my fingers appear to be swollen but there is no stiffness. But after 15 to 20 minutes after I wake up things appear to be normal.
Is this any concern. Should I approach my doctor for this.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It seems like a stress-induced arthropathy. Since this is happening for a couple of days now, I would advise you to rest your fingers for a few days. Do not use the computers for long hours.

You could do simple exercises for the small muscles of the hand like pressing a stress ball. Along with this, you could use volini spray or ointment to get relief from the inflammation.

It should disappear soon. I do not think this is concerning now and there is no need to approach the doctor now.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have further queries.

Follow-up: Swelling in fingers. No stiffness. After 15 to 20 min normal. Should I be concerned? 30 minutes later
Thank You.:-)
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Thank you too.

Take care and wish you good health.