Swelling cheekbone after hitting face. Should I be worried?

Jun 2015

I was hit on the right side of face, swollen cheekbone which is hard like a growing bone and there is some swelling on my right side of forehead as well..should i be worried? See the doctor?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diclofenac+serratiopeptidase, ice compression,rest Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The swelling as mentioned in your post is due to accumulation of fluid & blood(known as hematoma) secondary to the trauma. The blood cells accumulated are eventually broken down and absorbed in the body. But this is a slow process & takes times to disappear completely. Till that time, symptomatic relief from pain & swelling can be obtained by taking analgesics like Diclofenac with serratiopeptidase (to be taken after food), ice compression & adequate rest. If it still persists or there are any other associated symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, etc., then it will be better to consult your Doctor. An X XXXXXXX of the face will be needed to rule out any injury to the bones. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a good health. Take care.