Swelling and throbbing in hands, knee and foot. Stuffy nose and stomach is not good. Had pain in testicle. Is it connected?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My hands have been killing me. Swelling up and throbbing, then one day my right knee, then the next day my left knee, then thr top of my right foot, now the bottoms of my feet. Each day its new pain.n the old pain stops. Today I got a stuffy nose, stomach doesn't feel good and I'm feeling completely out of it. About a month ago I had testicle pain and thr doc gave me anti-bacterial pill to fight it. It seemed to wrk but about a week after the pills were finished these symptoms have accorded. Please if their is any connections between the problems or if you have any idea what this could be, please help!
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be polyarthralgia.

Detailed Answer:
The infection that you had one month ago is not related to the joint pains that you are having now.
Repeated joint pains can be due to multiple causes at this age the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Swelling and throbbing in hands, knee and foot. Stuffy nose and stomach is not good. Had pain in testicle. Is it connected? 3 days later
Thank for your input! Can you please explain more about your brief answer that could maybe help me.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Polyarthralgia refers to multiple joint pains.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The multiple and recurrent joint pain that you are having is polyarthralgia. It is mostly seen due to an immune related disorder. You need to consult a rheumatologist for proper management.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.