Swelling and red blisters on face, reddish eyes due to sun exposure, hair loss. On Eltroxin. Side effects of Eltroxin?

Good day I am using Eltroxin. My GP prescribed 2 tables a day. I then went for a facial where they used a high frequency machine, after that my face cannot be exposed to sun IF I do get into the sun my face flair up with red, red blisters, as I am a teacher and have a lot of extramural activities I cannot avoid being in the sun with school activities. My whole face and upper lip gets swolen and my face burns like fire with blisters all over my face. My eyes are then also very very red. I also have severe hair loss. Is this the side effects from eltroxin? I use 50 sun protection lotion and wear a hat. This is making my life a night mare.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Side effects of eltroxin occur only of you take more than the required dose and that too they are in the form of palpitations, tremors, sweating etc. and not the skin reactions, you are having.

Are you using any new cosmetic or some medication on your face besides sun protection lotion?

You must consult a skin specialist for the diagnosis and treatment.

I hope to have answered your queries.

Any other query is welcome. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Swelling and red blisters on face, reddish eyes due to sun exposure, hair loss. On Eltroxin. Side effects of Eltroxin? 42 minutes later
NO I am not using other medication. Besides my normal skin products which I have been using for many years. I even switch to skin products which is fragrance free. Now my question is if the high frequency machine used for a "normal" facial could have caused tissue damage to my face??
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 minutes later

High frequency machine used in your case for facials can't cause such types of skin reactions.