Swelling and muscle pain in buttock. Uncomfortable to walk and sit. Looking for relief

Hi I have an area in my left buttock that is swollen and it feels like there is a mass it started like muscle pain tender like whenyou have been riding a bike. now there is a more prominent mass that is very tender becoming firmer and causes pain on my left buttock close to my pelvis. Painful to sit, also uncomfortable to walk now and constant throbbing the area has become larger and more firm touch as well as more tender.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
A painful firm mass in pelvic area with throbbing suggests an abscess. The pelvic area is highly prone to development of abscess due to XXXXXXX bacterial flora.

Here are my suggestions for you.
1 XXXXXXX a General physician and Start taking an antibiotic. You would need a combination of amoxicillin-clavulanate and metronidazole. Also, if the pain is too much, you can take Tablet Disprin 1 tablet dissolved in water after food.
2.Dont try to puncture it now, drainage should be done only when the pus points at a particular point. Warm compresses will help pus to drain. The drainage should preferably be done by a general surgeon.
3.Apply ointment mupirocin daily twice in that area to prevent further spread of infection.
Please see a physician for a prescription.
Let me know if you have any more questions

Wishing you a good health.

Thank you