Swelling after insect bite, cannot walk steadily, nausea, vomiting white substance, dizziness. Please advise

I got a insect bite yesterday morning that swelled upto 4inchesbut no other discomfort . This mornings woke upwind reeling head and could barely walk steady. There was build up of nausea and I threw up water mainly water and a very white substance. Head is still reeling. Please advice
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The insect bite you had more than 24 hours ago is not likely to cause the gastric upset and headache you are having now.
Your symptoms are likely to be related to acute gastritis.
Drugs like omeprazole and antacids along with prokinetic drugs like domperidone/itopride should help you in improving the symptoms.
You can get these from your nearest pharmacy. The symptoms are likely to subside in a day or two. Be careful to avoid any hot and spicy food, alcohol and coffee. Do take plenty of fluids orally to prevent any dehydration.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.