Sweats a lot and soaks clothes. What could be the cause?

Why would I sweat so much that it soaks my clothes? I am not exerting myself. Usually, it's something simple like shopping. The sweat drips off my face, my hair is wet, and my shirts are wet. It's really embarrassing.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Diaphoresis, or sweating, might be a sign of heart troubles. Given your history of CHF and bypass surgery, you need to tell your doctor about these symptoms as soon as possible.

Other causes of sweating in females who are post-menopausal include:
1. Hot flashes
2. Thyroid disease

Let me know if this helps and if you have any additional questions.