Sweating over forehead after food. What could be the reason?

Nov 2013

I sweat on my temple area (top of the head) when I eat my lunch and dinner. The sweat is more profuse if the food is more spicy. What could be the reason
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are fairly mormal and do not suggest any brain disease.

Sweating over forehead after food is a normal phenomena and is related to the stimulation of autonomic nervous system.

It happens more in some people and less in some people, as is seen with normal sweating too.

Spicy food stimulates the autonomic nervous system more.

So, enjoy the food and do not worry.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Follow-up: Sweating over forehead after food. What could be the reason? 7 minutes later

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The sweating is not on the forehead but on the top of the head (temple area) where i have lost my hair (bald patch). I need to sit with tissue paper everything i have my food even with relatively cold atmosphere. This has started around 8 months back. Hope this is normal.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

The sweating is definitely normal.

However, regarding baldness, is it a localised area over the temple, or are you getting a general male pattern of baldness (which is located in front of the head and extends backwards).

If it is localised, you may have to consult a dermatologist for evaluation.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM