Sweat more profusely in comparison to others. Do I have an underlying health problem?

I am a female aged 58. Height; 5 feet 2 inches. Weight 54 Kg. Lean Built. Located in Bangalore India.

It is now summer in Bangalore with the highest mid day temperature of 34 to 35 Deg Celsius. My problem is I feel very hot and sweat profusely even early in the morning by 7 to 8 am when it is relatively cool, and throughout the day as well while all people around me have no such problem and appear to be quite comfortable with themselves. I do not recall any earlier time when I had felt so and as miserable in my life. I want to know if I have any underlying health problem. If yes what it is? If not why it is

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Excessive sweating and feeling hot at your age could be due to,

1.) Anxiety and stress.
2.) Smoking.
3.) Alcoholism.
4.) Hyperthyroidism and various other causes.
5.) Post menopausal hormonal changes.

Kindly get a Opinion from a dermatologist so that he/she can evaluate you and rule out the cause for adequate treatment. You can use a Anti perspirant after discussing it with your Doctor for example, products containing 10% to 20% aluminum chloride hexahydrate by applying to the affected areas.
In addition to this, you can follow some lifestyle modifications:
1.) Have bath twice daily.
2.) Avoid tight clothing and wear loose cotton fabric.
3.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. You should avoid coffee, alcoholic beverages, onions and garlic which have strong odors.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.