Swam in salted swimming pool, have open wounds. Can tetanus survive in pool water and transfer to wound?

Hi. I swam in salt water swimming pool 1 hour ago. I have open wounds (another accident 1 day before) and i noticed, swimming pool ladders are a bit rusty. At that time only the wife and I were in the pool . The pool water is constantly being renewed. My first question is, tetanus can survive in salty pool water and transfer to my wound? can infect in these conditions? Second question is, i remember vaccinated two or three times (in 2012 and 1 month ago) for tetanus. am I protected? Thank you for answer and your interest.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are protected.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the information you have provided, you are currently well protected against tetanus. 4 Vaccinations against tetanus offers at least a 10years protection and 3vaccines provide at least 5years protection, too.

The germ that causes tetanus really hates oxygen. So it will be difficult for it to survive in a pool with high oxygen concentration. However, because you are completely protected, you need not worry about it any more.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask follow up questions for clarification. Thanks.
Dr. Ditah, MD