Swallowed spiriva capsule accidently. What should I do now?

I swallow a spiriva capsule accidently. What should now? YYYY@YYYY ; XXXXXX
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 43 minutes later
Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX
Don't be panic. Spiriva capsule for inhalation contain the dose, so low in micrograms (18 micrograms) that it is going to do nothing. And in our daily clinics we very often get these cases where patients misunderstand the capsule to be inhaled and they swallow. The only thing happens is that there is no control of their breathing symptoms because such low dose will only work when inhaled to the site rather than absorbed via stomach as its availability in blood is very very low. And they continue doing it for weeks before coming to us (here you have just swallowed a single capsule).

I can understand your concern but believe me nothing will happen. Just relax and chill.....

Best wishes