Swallowed fish bone, throat irritation, heartburn, gland swelling. Related to anxiety?

hi, about 4 weeks ago I swallowed a fish bone and felt it get lodged in my throat. Since then I feel there is something irritating my throat when I swallow (right hand side). I have no problems swallowing. Other symptoms include: heartburn, slight gland swelling on right hand side. I had a similar issue about 8 months ago and had lots of tests to no avail. I am guessing it is related to anxiety but just want to sense check.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 33 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I think you probably just have a scratch there and nothing stuck. It is less likely that the fish bone to be still there, it you are in doubt it will be better if you see surgeon he will perform upper GI scopy to confirm, If still there can be removed.
Heart burn might be due to acidity, i advice you to avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking. Anxiety and stress are also major contributor of your symptom. It will be better if you take over the counter acid reducing medication for 3 to 4 days it will reduce your symptom.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.