Swallowed an over dose of domstal, acocontin and odoxil. Anemic. What are the effects?

Pulmonologist
Question
a 30 years old lady swallowed 5~6 nos. of domstal, 7~8 nos. of acocontin and 5~6 tablets of odoxil 250 DT. she is already aneamic and does not have any other medical history. 2 hrs before she swallowed these tablets. she had food before taking these tablets. please let me know wat effects she will have
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query .

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Swallowing such tablets is a knowingly is a sign of psychiatric illness and needs immediate psychiatric evaluation.

2. Also she needs to be immediately evaluated by a physician for her hemodynamic status and general condition.

3. Immediate procedure that can be followed in home following such overdosage is induction of vomiting by warm saline water.

4. Now coming to the individual drug overdoses:
a. domstal (domperidone overdose):
Difficulty in speaking , disorientation, dizziness , fainting , irregular heartbeat, light-headedness , loss of balance or muscle control.

b. Acocontin overdose:
Diarrhea, dyspepsia, pyrosis, nausea, vomiting and skin rashes.

c. Odoxil 250 dt: Nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps.

5. Thus you need to immediately get her evaluated in the emergency medical department by a physician.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB