Swallowed a piece of plastic fork. Will that be okay?

hi, today i was using a plastic fork and part of it broke in two and i think i accidentlly swallowed one. will i be okay?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I know it does lead to anxiety but frankly speaking ,it is unlikely to cause any perforation or any problem.
Just take plenty of fibre like salad,banana XXXXXXX and drink plenty of water.
You can take corn also and then you can come to know that piece of plastic has passed,once you find corn in your stool.
However if you feel that that there is sharp pain in abdomen or bloody stool,then you may think of going to the ER.
In all most all probability,nothing is going to happen to you and this piece of plastic shall pass.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck