Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment

I swallowed a gold crown. I have been checking thoroughly to see if it has passed. It has been 4 weeks and I truly don't think it has passed. What should I do.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
X ray Fiber diet,fluids

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX

The crown you swallowed should pass out by this time(4 weeks) or rarely it can also get struck in the gastrointestinal tract without moving forward.

So I advice you to take one erect abdomen X XXXXXXX that will show the position of the crown if present in the stomach / intestine. Based on this the next step of removing can be decided.

Since you don't have any other symptoms there is no chance of intestinal obstruction as of now. Keep drinking plenty of water and fiber XXXXXXX food that will help in propulsive movements of intestine which help in movement of the crown.

Hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.