Swallowed a chicken bone, half of the wing. Will it cause health problems?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I swallowed a chicken bone (half the wing,should I be concerned?)
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later

After swallowing the bone, if there is no sensation of something sticking inside or any respiratory problem, then there is nothing to worry. The undigested bone will pass out in your feces in one or two days.

Right now, I do not feel there is anything to feel concerned. You only wait and watch for any symptoms like pain abdomen in which case you may need to attend an emergency room for evaluation.

I hope this answers your query effectively. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.