Suspecting having aquagenic pruritus, itching after bath, subscribed medicines don't work. Advise for remedy?

I think I might have aquagenic pruritus. It has come to the point where I don't want to take a shower because the itching will get so bad. I have prescribed medications and creams, but none of that seems to be working please help me.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

I will appreciate if you could answer to my questions-

Do you have itching with hot water or with cold or Both?

Is the itching during bath or after bath?

How long does the itching last?

Have you been worked up by Dermatologist?, I would be in a better position to solve your problem.

But for the time being, you can apply some oil before bath and soothing lotion containing calamine lotion after bath.

You can also take some anti allergic like cetrizine .

Hope your query is answered.

Wishing you a good Health and Happy new Year.

With regards
DR Rohit Batra