Suspected to have scabies parasite in system. Is there any oral medicine to cure this completely?

Dermatologist
Question
I AM LOOKINGFOR A DRUG TO KILL PARASITES LIKE SCABIES EGS THAT HAVE BEEN IN MY SYSTEM ONGOING FOR YEARS AND I NEED A DRUG TAKEN ORALLY TO RID ME OF THESE EGG NESTS AND IT HAS TOBETAKEN ORALLY ! WOULD TAKING SULFUR ELIMINATE THE PROBLEMS
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
I would like to know sir if there is a particular reason for you to believe that you are having a mite infestation "scabies" since last few years. Scabies is an easily treatable condition, responding to topical permethrin cream as it kills mite as well as eggs.

However in its severe manifested form " Norwegian scabies" topical treatment alone does not work.

As you have specifically asked for an oral drug, tablet ivermectin is prescribed to adults in a single dose of 12 mg. Sometimes, if required it can be repeated after 14 days. However, I would like to advise that any drug should be taken after a proper diagnosis and with doctor's prescription.

Hope that answers your query. Take care.

Follow-up: Suspected to have scabies parasite in system. Is there any oral medicine to cure this completely? 7 minutes later
I NEED TO MAKE SURE OF THIS AND GET THE TREATMENT FOR PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES BECAUSE IM GETTING MSARRIED NEXT MONTH OR IN MARCH AND I DONT WAT TO TAKEA CHANCE OF INFECTING MY WIFE WITH A POSSIBL CASE OF SCABIES ;IVE USED PERMTHRIN ABOUT 4 TO 6 TIMES ON MY SKIN BUT THEY HAVE GOTTEN INTO MY SKIN AND THE EGG PATCHES ARE VISIBLE TO THEEYES AT LEAST I CAN SEE THEM UNDER THE SKIN PLEASE SUBSCRIBE THE ORALMEDICATION !

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
Using permethrin four or five times is more than enough to treat scabies.
To treat scabies ORAL medicine TABLET IVERMECTIN is available which is taken in adults as a single dose of 12 mg to treat scabies.
However, I am doubtful that you might be having active scabies. Sometimes itching and rashes or raised lesions of scabies persist even after the disease is treated. For the same taking an oral antihistaminic like cetirizine and application of steroid lotion is enough to relieve the symptoms.

I would still encourage you sir to visit a dermatologist.