Suspected to have an autoimmune disease. Blood test done. What are the findings in the report?

I recently went to a Rheumatologist because my family doctor thought I may have an autoimmune disease by testing positive on an XXXXXXX blood test and having family history of autoimmune in my family. Therefore, the Rheumatologist did a bunch of lab work on me. I received the lab results just moments ago and my blood shows abnormal (25), WBC, URINE shows abnormal 5-10 (0-5/HPF), SQUAMOUS EPI CELLS shows abnormal 10-20 (0-5/HPF), and bacteria abnormal (+1). In the comments, she says that my lupus blood test results came back negative. However, I have every symptom leaning towards Lupus. Please help me understand my blood results and what they mean by abnormal.
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

A white cell count of 25 on blood sample is significantly abnormal and can indicate infection or other abnormality with the immune system. Other parameters in the blood film, as well as clinical history and examination, usually give a clue as whether the elevation is due to infection or otherwise.If due to infection, it would be repeated after the illness has resolved, if it is not thought to be due to an infection, then a repeat may be suggested as well as further investigations.

In terms of the urine sample the values are only slightly above the upper limit- 1 plus bacteria (this is not significant unless you are having symptoms of a abdominal pain, frequency), squamous epithelial cells at that level represent possible contamination of the sample with skin flora when it was passed. White cells can be found in the urine, in some cases the sample can be contaminated with white cells from the vaginal.
If you are unsure about the urine sample you can consider asking your doctor whether you can repeat it.

i hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions