Suspected for dog bite. Got fever after vaccination. Any harm in giving vaccination without dog bite?

Hello Doctor, My son who is 2.11 years old was peeping ang watching dog on 16.2.13 but he never do like that but always go sit next to dog and feed her. this made me slightly suspect that why he is hiding from dog. And then when i was changing the dress, i saw a blood spot where blood was coming and when i questioned him he said bow, bow.. (he is still not speaking properly). Immeditly i rused to hospital where they said it might not be dog bite but cleaned the wound send back. Next day i showed the same to the pediatrian where i show my kids usually. He said that even if i have doubt of 1%, giving vaccination is right otherwise it will be of life threatning. So I gave 1 dose on 18.2.13. He told the kid won't get any fever. But that day night he had fever of 101.2 and when i messaged to doctor he asked me to give 5 ml of meftal p which i gave him. After that he did't get the fever. On 21.2.13, i have 2nd dose and i have one more dose on 25.2.13. My question is if dog bite is there, i give him vaccination it is good but as it is only on suspection, i m giving 3 doses to the kid. Is this have any side effects on my kid? giving vacciation even without dog bite is ok or it will harm my kid any way?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 34 minutes later

Rabies is a fatal disease so no risk can be taken. Relax,rabies vaccination is completely safe.
Post exposure prophylaxis as given as per schedule that is the vaccine is to be given on day 0,3,7,14 and 29
You have given 2 doses on day 0 and 3 and now next is due on day 7th that is on 25th.
Keep a watch on dog for 10 days and if dog remains healthy, there is no need to take remaining doses and if dog has any symptoms, complete full schedule.
Even if it is not any bite it will act as pre-exposure prophylaxis.

So do not worry at all.

Hope I have answered your query. if you have any question I would be glad to help.
Wishing your child good health.
God bless!!