Suspect to have a hernia, have painful lump near pelvis bone. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I think i have a hernia, it is about 2 inches from my right pelvis bone, is a lump, and very painful??
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination is a must

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

The lump may be due to hernia. Hernia generally present with a lump that can be reduced manually but at a later stage it gets blocked in the the hernial sac and become an irreducible swelling. Besides this various other cause of painful lump includes infective condition and enlarged inguinal lymph node.

It would be extremely hard to differentiate between the two possibilities without a clinical examination; at least not with the limited information that you provided. Therefore I urge you to visit a surgeon. You might need an ultrasound examination after clinical examination.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, i will clarify further.

Wish you good health