Suspect pregnancy. Take meprate. Will meprate tablet get me periods?

Will meprate tablet get me periods.i suspect pregnancy ..if i take meprate will i get back my periods
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Dont confuse abortion with getting your periods. If you have missed your periods,and you have history of sexual conduct, then first you need to take a pregnancy test. Urine tests are available in the market and can be easily taken at home. If the pregnancy test is positive, then you need to get an ultrasound first and see your doctor. If the test is negative then you can take tablet medroxyprogestrone twice a day for 7 days. And then you should get your period within a few days of completing the course. This will not work if you are pregnant. Medical abortion can only be done under the supervision of a doctor,with prescription drugs and within a stipulated amount of time.You need to consult your doctor for that.