Surgical abortion to be done. How often do things go wrong?

Hi! I'm very scared for my upcoming appointment for my surgical abortion.. How often do things go wrong?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
Surgical abortion at less than 12 weeks pregnancy is a safe procedure. It rarely results in any complications and is usually under short anaesthesia as a day care procedure.
The commonest problem seen is incomplete evacuation in which case mild products of conception are retained in the uterus. These can be easily removed after a follow up scan. Please do not worry as any serious complications are extremely rare.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.