Surgical abortion, had unprotected sex. Is it possible to ovulate immediately after abortion? Chances of pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I am 20 yrs old and had a surgical abortion on Friday. The Tuesday before I had unprotected sex with my bf. I was 4-6 weeks along. I wanted to know if it were possible for me to get pregnant again after the procedure from the sexual encounter 2 1/2 to 3 days before? Can ovulation even occur within 3-4 days after termination of pregnancy? Doesn't it take atleast 10-14 days? Or am I just being overly stressed? Thanks for your reply in really nervous and scared.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

Please do not worry. You will not get pregnant again due to the sexual intercourse you had before abortion.

It takes more than one month after abortion for normal cycles to start and ovulate. Hence do not worry. Just relax. Please use contraception here after while having sexual intercourse.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.